We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Jerusalem artichoke: recipesfor cooking topinambur baked, sautéed, fried, with risotto or raw. Simple recipes and within everyone's reach.
TheJerusalem artichoke, botanically known as Helianthus tuberosus, is a plant native to North America and belonging to the family ofAteraceae. Its cultivation is widespread all over the world both in valueornamental(the aerial part bears large yellow flowers, similar to daisies), both for the production of forage, biomass and edible tubers. The tubers of theJerusalem artichokethey are widely used in the kitchen where they can be used for multiple recipes.
Jerusalem artichoke simple recipes
Therecipesmoresimpleto consume theJerusalem artichokethey see thistuberused after boiling or steaming. The more boiling and steaming times increase, the sweeter the tuber will become, which is why theraw Jerusalem artichokeit does not taste appreciated by everyone. Long cooking times are recommended, however you should not overdo it otherwise the tuber loses its consistency, just like with potatoes.
To obtainrecipesdevoid ofcontraindications, it is recommended to add sodium bicarbonate to the cooking water of theJerusalem artichokeor a stick of celery. This precaution is recommended to eliminate any contraindications related to the presence of inulin: this substance is not metabolized in our gastro-intestinal system, so it can cause flatulence. According to popular customs, adding a stick of celery or a pinch of baking soda to the cooking waterJerusalem artichokewould deactivate inulin, eliminating the associated contraindications.
TheJerusalem artichokeit can be used for the preparation of soups, excellent onesfried chipsor baked with cheddar cheese. Another popular recipe is that ofsautéed Jerusalem artichoke, prepared sautéed in the same way as we already do with common potatoes.
Once boiled, Jerusalem artichoke can be used to prepare soups, mashed potatoes, salads or…. gnocchi!
Baked Jerusalem artichoke
Cooking thebaked Jerusalem artichokeit can be compared to that of potatoes both for the combination with cheese and for the cooking times.
In the oven it is possible to prepare theJerusalem artichokein the form of nice girlschips.For the preparation you can rely on the recipe offried Jerusalem artichokes with the only difference that the chips will be baked in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 7 minutes, for greater crunchiness, bake the Jerusalem artichoke at 180 ° C in oven ventilated for the same time.
Cooking times increase as the thickness of the Jerusalem artichoke slices increases. Just like you do with potatoes, you can flavor thembaked Jerusalem artichokewith spices or cheese. The most suitable is cheddar, however also delGrana Padanograted does not look bad.
Raw Jerusalem artichoke
Theraw Jerusalem artichokecan be prepared:
- salad with other ingredients
- alone, as a side dish for fresh and light dishes
- marinated in oil, lemon and spices
- grated to flavor soups, broths, meats and first courses.
Theraw Jerusalem artichokeit can be appreciated as a side dish for fresh and light dishes. Who wants to add theraw Jerusalem artichoketo other dishes, it can do it natural or it can marinate for about half an hour in extra virgin olive oil with salt, lemon and other fresh herbs added at the moment.
Raw Jerusalem artichoke: recipes
To consume theraw Jerusalem artichokejust brush it carefully, clean it and rinse it under running water. TheJerusalem artichokeit should be cut into extremely thin slices or strips that can enrich any salad-like recipe, from rice salad to classic lettuce. The only limit is dictated by your palate: the salad with Jerusalem artichokes, walnuts and anchovies is very popular.
Jerusalem artichoke risotto
The ingredients you will need for the recipeJerusalem artichoke risotto, dosed for 4 people, are:
- 280 grams of rice
- 500 grams of Jerusalem artichoke
- 2 tablespoons of dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 600 ml of vegetable broth
- 30 g of pecorino
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and clean the tubers. Cut theJerusalem artichokeinto cubes and brown them in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the white wine evaporate by increasing the intensity of the flame.
- Lower the heat and cover the pot with the lid, letting theJerusalem artichokefor 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the size of your cubes. If you see that the bottom of the saucepan is about to dry out, add a few tablespoons of broth.
- When the Jerusalem artichoke is ready, add the rice and cook, gradually adding the hot vegetable broth.
- Rice should be hydrated often during cooking. For cooking times, follow the instructions on the purchase package.
Fried Jerusalem artichokes
Thererecipeof theTopinambur chipsis among the mostsimpleto prepare. Basically it is prepared like thechipsof potatoes and no wonder: they are both tubers! Fried Jerusalem artichokes have a slightly nutty flavor and are extremely easy to prepare:
- Brush and wash the Jerusalem artichoke.
- At your discretion, you decide whether to remove the peel or not.
- Cut the Jerusalem artichoke into very thin slices. The thinner the slices, the crisper the fried Jerusalem artichoke chips.
- In a large pan, add plenty of oil for frying and let it heat up.
- When the oil is hot, fry the Jerusalem artichoke chips for a few minutes until they have a golden color.
Jerusalem artichoke property
The tubers contain up to 17% ofinulin, it is also for this reason that the plant has been studied extensively and could prove to be very useful in feeding the diabetic. Carbohydrates represent 75 to 80% of the tuber's weight and among the most important micronutrients we mention vitamin B1, iron, copper, magnesium and potassium. It provides a fair amount of proteins with different essential amino acids such as threonine and tryptophan.
Topinambur: where to buy it
Jerusalem artichoke can be purchased in the most well-stocked supermarkets or by taking advantage of online purchases: on Amazon, Jerusalem artichoke is available in various forms. For all information, please refer to the official Amazon page dedicated to topinamur and available by clicking on "this address“.
In the photo above,fried Jerusalem artichokes