We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to make dishwasher tablets: here is the recipe for making a natural product at almost zero cost with ingredients easily available at home.
Who doesn't like saving money on household cleaning products? More and more people are approaching the DIY cult. This is for four important reasons; save money, avoid waste, use harmless products and preserve nature.
Recycling natural ingredients to create new products directly at home allows us to be complicit in good environmental practices. Today we want to show you a simple and homemade recipe for making dishwasher tablets at home. With the do-it-yourself dishwasher tablets we will also have the certainty of saving on packaging; another small contribution to the environment!
How to make dishwasher tablets
Thanks to Mother Nature who provides us with effective ingredients in household chores, we can clean the dishes without having to resort to toxic substances. And all this thanks to our own production of a detergent for the dishwasher.
The procedure is simple and the ingredients are all easily available and natural. But let's see in detail what we need to proceed. The "recipe" includes a large quantity of tablets. This way you won't have to go through the process over and over again. It is possible since the pads can be stored without problem
Do-it-yourself dishwasher tablets, what we need
- Ice molds: the ones we usually have at home in the freezer, made of cubes
- 500 grams of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of Marseille soap
- 1 liter of demineralized water
- 25 drops of lemon essential oil
- 50 ml of white wine vinegar
Do-it-yourself dishwasher tablets, how to prepare
- Pour the baking soda into a clean bowl then add the Marseille soap
- Gradually pour in the demineralized water, essential oil and vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients until the mixture is thick and homogeneous
- Once this is done, pour the batter into the ice molds and let it dry until the tablets are hardened.
- Once hardened, place the tablets in a plastic or glass container
Recommendations on product storage: store the tablets in a dry place away from moisture and the sun.
Do-it-yourself dishwasher rinse aid
Anyone who owns a dishwasher knows that together with the tablet, rinse aid, an adjuvant product for washing, must be added. Once you have prepared the tablets, why not also make homemade rinse aid for dishwashers? Here's how to proceed to make a rinse aid, but also a descaling and descaling product with the use of only natural ingredients.
Do-it-yourself rinse aid, what we need
- 200 grams of citric acid: you can use some lemons or buy it in powder form
- Tea tree oil essential oil
- 1.5 liters of distilled water
- Container or bottle with cap
Tea tree essential oil, where to buy?
You can find it in shops specialized in natural cosmetics or natural products; but be careful, make sure you choose one essential oil quality. The success of a treatment is closely related to the quality of the oil chosen; the active ingredients of essential oils are preserved only if the production process is followed with extreme care so as to respect the characteristics of each plant.
For these reasons we invite you to buy (online or in trusted shops) only essential oils of proven quality. A good tea tree oil, with an excellent quality / price ratio, is offered on Amazon at the page:Tea Tree Oil - 100% Pure Essential Oil . A 50 ml bottle is offered at a price of 8.99 euros.
DIY rinse aid, preparation
- Pour the distilled water into a pot and put it on the stove for a few seconds: the time for the water to cool
- Pour the water into the bottle, add the citric acid, the drops of aromatic oil and shake
- Use the product as usual instead of the classic rinse aid
NB: this product can also be used as an anti-limescale to descale taps and kitchen ovens.