We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade limoncello cream: recipe of limoncello cream without cream or with cream. Preparation with the thermomix or with the classic grandmother's recipe.
Limoncello cream, grandmother's recipe
There limoncello creamis a characteristic liqueur of Southern Italy. In reality, there are two lands that contend for the authorship of this recipe which seems to have been born between the Sorrento and Amalfi peninsula. In fact, in Southern Italy, the most famous lemons are those of Amalfi and Sorrento.
Limoncello cream: is the original recipe with or without cream?
I am from Naples and I live in Salerno, my Sorrentine grandmother used to prepare limoncello cream without cream and just like her, the local old women also prepare this recipe without cream. In fact, the original recipe for limoncello cream does not require the use of cream. For the sake of completeness, on this page we will see both the grandmother's recipe (original recipe according to the Campania tradition), and the "more modern" recipe that includes the addition of cream.
Generally the limoncello creamorlemon cream it is served chilled at the end of a meal but goes very well with any dessert, even the afternoon one!
The healthy properties of lemon are well known, it is the vegetable with the highest content of citric acid, a substance essential for the energy turnover of cells, it also contains sodium and potassium citrates, which have a remarkable purifying power. But let's see in detail the recipe for homemade limoncello cream.
The only recommendation, however make lemon cream at home, is to buy lemons not treated with pesticides, that is from organic farming since the recipe requires the use of the peel. Even better if you can get your neighbor's lemons!
Limoncello cream without cream, how to prepare
Grandma's recipe is very easy to prepare. The preparation of the lemon creamis similar to that of the traditional limoncello:
- the lemon peels are left to macerate in alcohol.
- The syrup prepared with water and sugar is added, in variable quantities according to personal taste. This is how limoncello is obtained.
- Boiled whole milk is then added to the limoncello (or lemon liqueur). The milk is boiled with sugar and allowed to cool before being mixed with lemon liqueur.
Thus ends the recipe without cream. For the version of the limoncello cream with cream, continue by adding the non-whipped cream for cakes, flavored with vanillin. It mixes well, is bottled and stored.
Recipe of limoncello cream with whipped cream
As is clear, the procedure is similar for the two versions. Despite the tradition, between the lemon cream with cream and the version without cream… I prefer the former! Therelimoncello cream with creamit has a richer, sweeter flavor and goes best with any dessert.
Here are the ingredients formake lemon cream at home.
- 20 untreated lemons
- 2 liters of food alcohol
- 2 kg of granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 liter of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 liter of fresh cream
Homemade limoncello cream, the preparation
- After having washed the lemons very carefully, peel them then take only the yellow part. Be careful to avoid the white of the lemon as it is very bitter.
- Pour the lemon peels into a large, airtight transparent container.
- Add the alcohol and let the mixture macerate for 30 days, in a dark and dry place, taking care to close the container well
- After the time has elapsed, open the container and strain the liquid into another container
- Pour the milk into a large pot
- Take the vanilla pods and take the seeds to add them to the milk
- Bring the milk to a boil then add the fresh cream, leaving it to cook for a few more minutes
- Add the sugar and mix until dissolved
- Leave 1 minute more then turn off the heat and let it cool
- Once cooled, add the mixture to the previously filtered alcohol
- Mix and pour the cream obtained into the bottles and stored in the freezer
- Wait at least two weeks before you can taste the limoncello cream
At the time of serving the homemade limoncello cream shake the bottle well.
Recipe of limoncello cream with the Thermomix
The thermomix is a very useful appliance in the kitchen: it is capable of making any recipe faster! Here's how to prepare the limoncello cream with the thermomix.
Follow the ingredients and the recipe seen above up to point 3. After the maceration time of the lemon peels, turn on the thermomix!
- In the jug, add the sugar, milk, milk and vanilla essence. Cook for 14 minutes at 100 ° C on speed 1.
- Add the fresh cream to the jug and cook for 4 minutes at 100 ° C on speed 1. If the cream was in the refrigerator, cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Let it cool, filter through a colander, add the alcohol flavored with lemon peels. Stir again for one minute on speed 1.
Again, keep thelimoncello creamin hermetically sealed bottles that can be stored in the freezer.